Using vzdump utility
The following should be done to migrate OpenVZ 6 container between OpenVZ 6 nodes using vzdump:
1. Connect to the source server over SSH.
2. Create an archive of the container:
vzdump --compress --dumpdir /home/ VMID
VMID of VPS can be found in SolusVM > Virtual Servers.
3. Transfer the file to the target server, for example:
scp -C /home/vzdump-VMID.tgz [email protected]:/home/
4. Restore the archive:
vzdump --restore /home/vzdump-VMID.tgz VMID
5. Stop VPS on the source server:
vzctl stop VMID
and start it on the target server to verify that the container is operational:
vzctl start VMID
6. Connect to Master node over SSH. 7. Update Master node database with the new location of VPS
/scripts/vm-migrate ID NEWNODEID
where ID - ID of the migrated VPS, can be seen in column ID in SolusVM > Virtual Servers; NEWNODEID - ID of the target node, can be seen in SolusVM > Nodes.
/scripts/vm-migrate 20 5
8. After the migrated container was tested - remove VPS on the source server:
vzctl destroy VMID