- Deploy the new server and install Master SolusVM on it
- Create a backup of the database of source Master SolusVM - How to create a backup of SolusVM database?
- Parts of SolusVM Master database are encoded using a unique encryption key stored in /usr/local/solusvm/includes/solusvm.conf (see Migrating SolusVM Master node to another server for the details). What you need to do now is to replace the encryption key (the last entry in solusvm.conf) on the new server with the encryption key from the old server.
Old server solusvm.conf file:
New server solusvm.conf file:
File on the new server after step 3:
XFrORvKb69F1QDlmJ6hDqg374iQjL2ndgGIEtkYFTixpFIYFQ0 - encryption key from the old server that should be added on the new server
Upload the database backup file from step 2 to the new server and restore it as documented here:
database_name_dump - is a name of the database backup from step 2
- Move templates from the old server to the new one. The locations of templates are:
Copy SSL certificate from the old master node to the new one, certs are at
In case you are migrating from old SolusVM version with lighttpd web server running, SSL certificate location on the old server would be /usr/local/solusvm/ssl/
- In your client area reissue the license to reset the IP address binding.
- In Nodes > List nodes > Edit localhost node, replace the IP address with the new IP address of the master node.
- Remove the /usr/local/solusvm/data/allow.dat and /usr/local/solusvm/data/ftp.dat files on the every slave server right after the old master node is stopped.
- In case master server is integrated with WHMCS, change IP address of the master node at WHMCS > Product/Services > Servers.