Limiting users' bandwidth¶
Note: in SolusVM bandwidth refers to amount of traffic VPS generates, not network speed.
There are two ways for limiting bandwidth of VPS in SolusVM:
Limit bandwidth through plan settings¶
Note: changes in Plan settings affects only newly created VPS. Existing VPS has to be updated manually in their settings.
Open SolusVM > Plans > List Plans > necessary virtualization > Edit Plan for the necessary plan or to create a new plan - SolusVM > Plans > Add plan for necessary virtualization.
In Bandwidth field set the necessary limit for bandwidth.
- Set Yes in Suspend on Bandwidth Limit.
- Click Save/Update Plan.
Limit bandwidth through VPS settings¶
- Open SolusVM > Virtual Servers > necessary VPS > Settings > Bandwidth.
- Set necessary limit in Bandwidth limit field.
- Enable option Bandwidth Auto Suspend to suspend VPS on bandwidth overuse.
- Optional - set Bandwidth Over Limit - amount of bandwidth VPS is allowed to use after reaching bandwidth limit.
- Optional - enable Bandwidth Auto Unsuspend - it is automatically enabled when VPS reaches bandwidth limit.
- Click Save Bandwidth Settings.
Automatic bandwidth reset¶
By default, VPS bandwidth automatically will be reset on the 1st day of each month. It is done automatically through cron task on SolusVM Master node:
cat /etc/cron.d/solusvm_daily # Cron Job for SolusVM daily update. This cron will run once a day PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin 0 0 * * * root /usr/bin/php /usr/local/solusvm/includes/cron_daily.php --mode=all >/dev/null 2>&1
It is possible to change the day of bandwidth reset for all VPS to the same day of a month a VPS was created. For example if a VPS was created on the 5th of October, by enabling this option the next bandwidth reset will be on the 5th of November instead of on the 1st of November.
It is done in SolusVM > Configuration > Settings > General by enabling option Reset Bandwidth on Anniversary:
Manual bandwidth reset¶
It is possible to manually reset bandwidth of VPS via SolusVM > Virtual Servers > necessary VPS > Reset Bandwidth.
By default, Reset Bandwidth does not unsuspend VPS - it just resets bandwidth counting.
However, if option Bandwidth Auto Unsuspend is enabled - Reset Bandwidth resets bandwidth limit and unsuspends VPS.
Note: this behaviour is applicable to SolusVM version 1.29.08 and above.