SolusVM 2 Billing Integration¶
As a service provider, you want to not only offer cloud services to your customers but also charge for them. At the moment, you can charge for the following services:
- Hours or months of server runtime in SolusVM 2
Billing is a complex task, which SolusVM 2 delegates to a billing system. The market offers a whole range of available billing solutions, for example, WHMCS, Blesta, Hostbill, Ubersmith, and so on.
To start charging for SolusVM 2 features, you need to integrate SolusVM 2 with a billing system of your choice. The integration process differs depending on the billing method and billing system you choose.
In this guide, you will learn:
- What billing methods SolusVM 2 supports and how they differ.
- How to set price in postpaid billing.
- How to integrate billing with SolusVM 2.
SolusVM 2 supports the following billing methods:
Customers pay in advance for the services you provide. The payment is monthly, recurrent, and fixed. It doesn’t depend on the amount of actually consumed resources (within the selected offer).
Customers receive the SolusVM 2 services but they don’t have access to the SolusVM 2 interface.
Customers pay only after the services were provided. Customers can pay per hour of actually consumed resources (hourly billing) or they can pay a fixed monthly price (monthly billing).
Unlike prepaid billing, customers receive access to the part of the SolusVM 2 interface called “user area”.
Choosing a Billing System¶
Billing integration differs depending on what billing system you choose: WHMCS or another billing system.
The easiest way to integrate billing is by choosing WHMCS. To integrate WHMCS easier than it’s done with other billing systems, we’ve created the following modules:
- For prepaid billing, the SolusVM 2 WHMCS VPS Provisioning module.
- For postpaid billing, the SolusVM 2 WHMCS Pay As You Go module, which integrates billing automatically with just a few clicks in the WHMCS interface.