Installation and Logging In¶
This topic covers installation of SolusVM 2 on the management server. SolusVM 2 on the management server offers the graphical user interface for managing your SolusVM 2 cluster.
The management server is a physical dedicated server that meets the following requirements:
|OS||AlmaLinux 8, CentOS 7, CentOS Stream, Debian 10, Debian 11, Ubuntu 18, Ubuntu 20, Ubuntu 22|
|CPU||Minimum 4 cores/8 threads|
Minimum 4 GiB
Highly recommended 8 GiB
|Free disk space||Minimum 40 GiB|
|Allowed connections to ports||TCP 80 and TCP 443 (web server) TCP 5671 (messaging service RabbitMQ) TCP 5781 (VNC)|
The management server cannot run on Xen.
To install SolusVM 2 on the management server:
- Access the management server command line via SSH.
- Download the SolusVM 2 installer script:
curl https://installer.dev.solusvm.com/latest -o installer
- Enable execution mode for the downloaded script:
chmod +x ./installer
- Launch the interactive installer in the command line:
- Read the end-user license agreement and then enter
1to accept it.
- Provide your email address. It will be used as your SolusVM 2 login.
- Provide the resolvable hostname or IP address of your management server.
The installation will start. Once it is finished, you will see your login, generated password, and login links. You can now log in to SolusVM 2.
When you log in to SolusVM 2 for the first time, your browser may show you a warning about an untrusted SSL/TLS certificate. Not to worry. During its installation, SolusVM 2 secures the connection between the browser and the web application with an SSL/TLS certificate. If the management server is public-facing, SolusVM 2 installs a free SSL/TLS certificate from Let’s Encrypt. If the management server is inside an internal network, SolusVM 2 installs a self-signed SSL/TLS certificate, which causes that warning. Either way, your SolusVM 2 connection is secured and encrypted.
To log in to SolusVM 2 for the first time:
- Go to a one-time login link generated and shown after the installation is complete.
- You will be taken right to the SolusVM 2 administrator interface.
To log in to SolusVM 2 later on:
- Go to
- Provide your email address specified during the installation (it will be now used as your login) and password generated and shown at the end of the installation.
- Click Log In.
You have logged in to SolusVM 2. This is how the administrator interface looks.